Potamotrygon Leopoldi Black Diamond
The main differences between a Black Diamond and Leopoldi are:
- Darker body colour (Black)
- Large spots should be whiter
- White spots on the paddle fin/ spots on claspers
- White spots around and in the eyes
- Belly spots
- Double row of small white spots around the disk edge
Black Diamonds can then be sub-divided into 3 categories
- Thousand Island: Has many small white spots covering its body with some larger spots on the middle of the disk
- Eclipse: Has bright white ring shaped pattern surrounding the disk often filled with black spots. These unique patterns often form line and letter shapes.
- Big Spot: Clearly given its name based on large circular white spots surrounding the disk of the ray. The pattern is often symmetrical although each fishes pattern is unique.
We currently have some high quality Black Diamond stingrays for sale. If you already know what you are looking for please visit our online shop to see our current stock of stingrays for sale.
Otherwise, if you need advice or help selecting your fish we are always happy to chat to you about what you are looking for. So if you have any questions please contact us